500 Qualified Rides
Teri Lee, Mike's mother - "I’m very proud of Mike, first and foremost, and his career accomplishments. I believe hitting that 500 mark is a real indicator of just how hard he has worked and how persistent he has been throughout his professional riding career. Mike had his PBR membership paperwork filled out and ready to submit way before he reached his 18th birthday. He entered his first PBR event as an alternate, flew to California to compete and was very blessed to win it (Norco, California 2001 PBR Challenger event), and has never looked back since, as anyone who knows him can attest, he lives life full-steam ahead.
Sheri Smith, Mike's Agent - "Mike is no doubt the most humble man I know. He has genuine concern and cares for those in his life and those who are complete strangers. He dedicates everything he has and does to the service of the Lord, trying to not miss a single opportunity to show the depth and love of Christ his savior. His character is what motivates me to serve him and work hard to bless him and his family for their service to God and His children."
|Photo Credit: Daniel Masson|
Wrangler Total Feeds - Total People Plus Warriors And Rodeo Alamosa Hat Works Tiffany Gloves Phoenix Vests 1000 Miles Till Home Fit N Wise
- 2004 PBR World Champion Mike Lee in one ride away from joining the 500 Club. He will be the second rider in PBR history to achieve 500 qualified rides on the PBR Built Ford Tough Series, Guilherme Marchi being the first.
- Lee will very likely reach the 500 qualified rides this coming weekend in Billings, MT at the PBR BFTS event. He has the opportunity to get on 4-5 bulls that weekend.
- Lee is also competing in his 15th consecutive year in the PBR BFTS tour and on track to compete in his 15th PBR Finals in Vegas in October. He is currently ranked 9th in the world and only 755 points behind the leader.
- Lee easily has over 1,000 rides and 2,000 outs as a bull rider. These come from not only the PBR events but practice pens and local jack pots.
- According to the PBR article, Lee Family Reflect on what joining the 500 Club Means by Justin Felisko: “If you really want to do this for a living, and you are where we are at, you are going to do whatever it takes to turn things around,” he said.
- Going to PBR events is going to work for Mike Lee so he feels having 500 qualified rides is just part of his job and nothing to receive all this attention over. We would all agree that Mike Lee is good at his job!
- Lee is 32 years old and feels he has many years ahead of him. Retirement isn’t in his vocabulary. He plans on competing as long as the Lord allows.
features/other-features/2016/ 3/lee-family-reflect-on-what- joining-the-500-club-means. aspx